Friday, May 04, 2007

QUARANTINE

Last weekend, I attended the Alliance Women's Retreat for our area/region....whatever it is. It wasn't far from home, just down the road to Ridgecrest. It was a great conference. The speaker was very good, and I came away with many things to ponder.
Unfortunately, I also came away with a virus. There were over 1000 people at Ridgecrest over the weekend (not just Alliance Women, there were about 600 of us), so it was bound to happen. It hit me Tuesday full force and I spent the last 3 days with a sour stomach and not feeling too keen. Today is the first day I have felt better, but I woke to discover that I had shared the nasty little virus, and now Dave is suffering from it. I guess when you're married, you really do share *everything*. So, I have quarantined us. Dave stayed home today, and the weekend is here, so we don't have to go anywhere or see anyone. We'll just stay home and get to feeling better.
On another note, it rained today! And yesterday. And it's supposed to rain tomorrow. We needed it. Maybe this will give all the little plants that were killed by that frost we had a couple weeks ago a second chance. I'm really hoping my lilies come back. I will really miss them if they don't bloom this year.
Well, I am going to sign off. Much to catch up on after 3 days of being sick...

No comments: