Thursday, April 26, 2007

Yeah, Spring is Great, But.....

I do like Spring. The green, the flowers, the warmth, you name it. They're all great. HOWEVER, with the warmth and flowers come the bugs. Now, I don't mind most bugs. They fly around, they crawl around, they do what they have to do. What I do mind is finding spiders in my house. They hang out on the front door...those little jumpy ones. I opened the back door the other day and a little black spider fell onto my arm. Then yesterday, we noted the presence of a *very large* black spider in our bathroom(and I'm not exaggerating, even Dave called it "big"). Spiders are NOT my friends. I do not like spiders by any stretch of the imagination. They creep me out. So, on finding this big ol' spider in the bathroom, Dave tells me to go get it. Me, who in an extreme case will refrain from running from small spiders long enough to drop a shoe on them from as far away as I can stay while still holding the shoe over their location. I declined his idea and informed him that as man of the house, spider killing fell under his jurisdiction. OK. A little while later, I walked into the bathroom to find....the big ol' spider under a bowl. I'm not sure what the idea was behind this unless Dave was just making sure I saw what my fate could have been. Apparently, the big ol' spider had been hanging out on the hamper, which I had just carried across the whole house the day before. I shiver when I think of it. Anyway, bowl and big ol' spider were gone this morning, but don't think I wasn't shaking out my towels and checking behind anything I had to pick up in there this morning. He might have had friends...

1 comment:

Maggie said...

eeeeeek! Why would Dave leave the spider under a bowl??? I hope he got rid of it for good.