Monday, October 27, 2008

Avon Walk(ed) for Breast Cancer!


Well, the only camera I took was my phone...was trying to limit the weight I carried. Here are the pics I took...and maybe Dave can get his pics on here later.
OK...going in order from top left: Pic 1 is the view from our room at the Westin (Aunt Sandy went with me!). We were on the 14th floor.
Pic 2: Saturday morning...roughly 4:30am...took a pic of myself in the mirror all dressed to walk
Pic 3: Big canvas pillar at the starting point. Each section was for a different walk (Los Angeles, Boston, New York, etc...) Each section was signed all over by the walkers for that city!
Pic 4: My signature on the Charlotte section!!
Pic 5: Finished the first mile! Woohoo! I walked 21 miles on Saturday!
Pic 6: Cow guy...he was a hoot! One of many interesting characters that showed up along the route to cheer us on. We never walked a mile without encouragment from people like him!
Pic 7: Lunch on Sunday. I was actually nearer to the front of the "pack" on Sunday, so I got to watch a lot of people trickle in for their lunch. That was at 7.6 miles.
Pic 8: Thought this was clever...It says "Ricky Boobie Racing". This was at one of the rest stops.
Pic 9: Here I am at mile 12 of day two- one mile from the finish line!!! Somehow I managed a sort-of smile through the pain (my feet were hurting pretty bad at this point from being walked on and from the 10 blisters I was feeling.) Even so, knowing I was on the last mile somehow made me walk a little faster. We started at 7:30 on Sunday and I crossed the finish line a little before 1:00pm. Dave, Mom & Dale and Aunt Sandy were all there to meet me! I decided not to stay for closing ceremony, since it wasn't until 3:00, so we set off for home. We stopped at a Ham's somewhere along the way for some dinner. It was very good! My hips and knees were objecting to any form of movement for the rest of the night! At home I got a hot shower, doctored my feet and put them up for a while before bed. Dave was very helpful and supportive all evening! I slept great! This morning my knees and hips feel better. My blisters don't hurt too much anymore...my muscles are pretty sore, but I'm feeling good! I walked 34 miles in two days!!! WOOHOO!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: