Saturday, July 29, 2006

Watermelon Cake!!

I made this cake tonight using a recipe I found on Bettycrocker.com. It actually tastes like watermelon! Dave and I got to try a bit from the pieces I had to cut off to make it straight on top. We both thought it was very yummy! The secret is a packet of watermelon cherry Kool-Aid mixed into the cake batter. I think it turned out very nice looking, too! I added the darker green "stripes" myself...those recipe people never think of that stuff. Anyway, it is going to the church pot luck tomorrow, and I hope everyone enjoys it. -RachaelPosted by Picasa

2 comments:

Maggie said...

that's a cool looking cake! Nice touch with the darker stripes. what kind of watermelon doesn't have stripes?! Is this something you planned, or "whipped up out of nothing"?

Jennifer said...

Your cake is really neat. I am going to have to try that recipe before the summer is done